Thursday, February 1, 2018

PTI MIM #311: Using Different Types of Paper

Well, it's time again for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday, and Stephanie is this week's host for the challenge. Yes, she wants us to use different types of paper (things we found in our home) besides just card stock. Let me just say, I am SO glad I started this three days ago because I just couldn't get the right combinations. Guess that's why it's called a challenge, right? 

Here are some of the supplies I started with when brainstorming. However, the only three things I used were the recycled notecard of pansies, the foil tissue paper and the green corrugated paper. 



And then I searched high and low for other miscellaneous items I could use after I "wrapped" the pansies with the foil tissue. Still in my stamping room, I had saved this (almost) Hawaiian Shores padded envelope from Lynda and the bag from a LSS, which just recently went out of business. I cut down the padded envelope and also cut a narrow strip from the green corrugated paper. 





Think I should have used the gold "Make Life Beautiful" portion as my sentiment, but instead I cut off the top of the bag with the pinked edge. 



Here's the reveal of my card, and I'm actually quite happy with the end result. Good thing I wasn't charging someone by the hour for this card, but rather that I will give it to a dear friend (with an explanation of why I used recycled goods). It will make her day! 





Thanks for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments. 


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Kraft, Berry Sorbet and Vellum
Ink: Amethyst Allure and Bright Buttercup
Stamps: None
Dies: Scripted and Sizzix Embosslits Beautiful Wings (butterflies)
Other: Recycled Pansy Notecard, Foil Tissue Paper, Padded Envelope, LSS Bag, Hemp Twine, Makeup Applicators, Crushed Grape Nuvo Crystal Drops, Spray Adhesive and Glue Dot

16 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Kathy and I'm so impressed by how many different items you used and the thought that went into it!! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Cindy Beach said...

Well it may have taken you awhile, but this card is worth waiting for! LOVE your beautiful combination of papers and those gorgeous pansies.

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeous! Just loving how your card turned out. Beautiful, bright and cheery colors.

lainey said...

Kathy, your card turned out so pretty and you did a good job using assorted papers. This is what I call a "10 hour" card and it's a good thing we don't charge by the hour! lol Yes, give it to someone who will appreciate your efforts!

Carmela said...

This is great! Love how you used the packaging! Very clever and it adds a cool effect!

maria f. said...

A beautiful result. But I too have one of those „like pulling teeth“ creating sessions occasionally!

Victoria said...

So pretty! Love the bright colors. I'm going to miss Running with Scissors too! Very few LSSs left in WA. :-(

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Kathy! Love the vibrant colors and the mix of pretty papers! Great take on the challenge!

Donna Phelan said...

This came out beautifully! I love your pansies and long for Spring! Perfect colors and great paper choices! lol by the hour....I know the feeling ;)

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful, Kathy. Such amazing flowers and colors. I would like to invite you to stop by and play along in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. We have awesome prizes and lots of fun. I'd be thrilled to have you join the fun. Have a great week.
Blessings.
Karen Letchworth

www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Lyn said...

Wowser this is so beautiful and so much thought has been put into it! really worth it to see such a lovely outcome

Helen F. said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card, Kathy! No one would ever think you had any difficulty putting together this lovely gem.

victoria h said...

The pansies are soo pretty. Great use of different papers on your beautiful card.

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Kathy! Love how all the pieces came together!

Marlena M. said...

Lovely texture and dimension Kathy!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Those pansies make an excellent focal point.